Explore 15 miles of shoreline! Whether you are planning a weekend or just a day trip, LBI is the perfect destination for kayakers.
- Kick-off your adventure with an overview of LBI’s ecology at Discovery Fridays (10:00 am) at the LBI Foundation.
- Put in your kayak at Loveladies Marina
Visit the Osprey Nest in the bay near LBI Foundation
Enjoy lunch at Off the Hook
Walk to Barnegat Lighthouse
Visit an active commercial fishing village, Viking Village. You can even take in a Dock Tour @ 10:00 am on Fridays.
- Friday mornings, you can Hold Baby Clams in Your Hands (Beach Haven Boro at 8:30 or Morrison’s at 12:00) or stop in at any of the other ReClam the Bay Educational Activities.
- Paddle South and around Mordecai Island.
- Stop at street ends and read the signs about the indigenous birds and wildlife.
- Lunch at Barry’s Do Me a Flavor any of the fine restaurants within walking distance in Beach Haven.
- Stop in at the FREE NJ Maritime Museum and view the most extensive collection of shipwrecks and maritime history on the East Coast.
- Walk a few blocks toward the ocean and learn about turn-of-the-century vacationing at the LBI Historical Museum.
For more information, contact: